During the training courses the main topics of the meeting and the practical parts were presented by the stuff of the university in collaboration of Imagine Institute, including: Prof. Alain Hovnanian, Dr. Valerie Cormier, Dr. Jeanne Amiel, Dr. Tania Atie-Bitach, Dr. Véronique Pingault, Dr. Laurence Jonard, Dr. Giulia Barcia, Dr. Christine Bole, and Dr. Patrick Nitschke.
The summary of the main activities were:
- the guided tour in the out-patient clinical departments of Imagine Institute as part of the UPD and in the genetic diagnostic department of the Necker Hospital as the biggest child hospital in Europe,
- participation in genetic counseling, clinical examination, genetic diagnostics and treatment activity of clinical cases with
> intellectual disability,
> mitochondrial disorders,
> congenital malformations,
> skeletal dysplasias, and
> developmental abnormalities caused by neural crest defects,
- introduction of genomic and bioinformatics platforms for gene panel, whole exome and whole genome sequencing,
- participation and discussion in next generation sequencing approaches for diagnostic and research purposes at Imagine Institute,
- introduction and discussion of prenatal and preimplantation diagnostic methods and approaches applied in the Necker Hospital.